Medical Device Animation
Beautiful, accurate, award-winning 3D medical device animation for marketing, premarket approval (PMA), training and instructions for use (IFU).
We’re artists who love to visualize medical science and technology! We have a rare combination of technical skill, artistic talent and medical knowledge. We create device and technology animations that are as beautiful to watch as they informative.
We’re experienced in most therapeutic areas and have a thorough knowledge of anatomy, tissue and organ structure, cell and molecular biology.
Why invest in medical device animation?
- Quickly show busy stakeholders how your device works and what sets it apart.
- A well-crafted 3D medical device animation is a tremendous advantage in gaining recognition and acceptance of a new medical device among stakeholders: physicians, nurses, materials managers, purchasers and case managers.
- An excellent tool for investor presentations, where time is limited and stakes are high.
- A high-end medical device animation lends credibility to your messaging and quality to your brand.
- Visual assets can be used for marketing and training materials, including instructions for use (IFU).
- A quality medical device animation will increase traffic to your congress exhibit booth and improve engagement with visitors.
Who we've worked with
- We’re artists who love science and it shows in every medical device animation we make. Helping you showcase an exciting new technology that will change people’s lives is why we come to work.
- We believe animation makes it easier to understand how medical devices and technology work. Better understanding leads to informed decisions, which is essential in healthcare.
- Unlike general digital agencies and animation studios, we work only with medical and scientific content. We have the experience and medical knowledge to visualize your device in operation like few others can.
- Our unique client services team members all have life science backgrounds. We speak the same language as our clients and understand the challenges they face telling their stories in highly competitive medical device and technology industries.
- We do all creative and production work in house, from concept development and script writing, through modeling, animation, rendering and post-production. This allows us to carefully control the design and production process, eliminate errors and hit client deadlines on time.
- Our 3D medical animators are trained in gross anatomy, tissue structure and surgical visualization. This ensures a level of accuracy that is essential for an audience of healthcare professionals (HCPs).
- Our in-house science expertise, care in referencing and annotation, and experience working with our client’s review committees help avoid costly delays that result from errors.
- The end result: A beautifully-designed medical device animation you can use for multiple purposes: exhibit booths, websites, investor presentations, HCP training and more!
Start a project today.
Where our work has been featured
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A: Product and marketing managers use medical device animation to explain the relative advantages of a new technology over current practices. The animation may be shown on a product website, at exhibit booths and in sales aids.
Medical device animation is used in clinical development to train clinical trial staff on the correct use of a technology with patients to help ensure that protocols are followed in the interest of patient safety.
Medical device animation may be used in IFU materials to train HCPs on safe use and product updates
Physicians sometimes use medical device animation to explain procedures to patients.
A: While many legitimate healthcare agencies produce medical device animations, very few use actual medical animators to create them. Instead, most agencies use commercial animators, who don’t have specialized science training. This often results in a lack of accuracy in the depiction of anatomical structure and function — something that’s immediately obvious to an HCP audience, and can diminishing the credibility of a new technology or device.
By contrast, AXS Studio employs only medically-trained animators, each with an M.Sc. in Biomedical Communications (BMC) degree from the University of Toronto, one of only four North American programs accredited by CAAHEP. This specialized training, which includes surgical illustration, is the reason we depict medical device procedures more accurately than animators without medical training. For you, this means a more credible medical device animation and better value for your budget.
A: No. We do all work in our studio in Toronto, Canada, with highly trained and experienced medical animators. This enables us to tightly control quality and scheduling to ensure we consistently hit deadlines. This is particularly important for submission deadlines, conferences and product launches. Moreover, while there are many products and services that can be offshored to cut costs, quality medical device animation isn’t one of them. This type of work typically requires a high level of specialized knowledge in order to depict anatomy, tissues and complex procedures accurately.
AXS Studio writers, storyboard artists and medical animators have Master of Science, Biomedical Communications (M.Sc.BMC) degrees — specialized training that enables us to explain complex medical procedures more accurately and clearly than animators without medical training. There are certain animation suppliers in North America that use low cost foreign outsourcing for medical device animation. If you’re considering hiring one of these companies, we advise first seeking information on the medical training their animators have received.