Here, the team shares their Top 10 Tips for creating science games under pressure:
- Define team member roles before not during the Jam.
- Plan ahead so you’re only actually building at the Jam.
- Prioritize the must-haves and nice-to-haves.
- Match game goals to learning goals. If the game is meant to be educational make sure these goals are compatible.
- Be prepared to change things on the fly and go with the flow.
- Take risks. Play to your strengths, but don”t be afraid to try a new technique or software feature.
- Get up and move occasionally. No one wants a DVT at the game jam!
- Small is beautiful. Keep your scope small and focused; and make it excellent.
- TEST! TEST! TEST! Does it work and, more importantly, is it fun?!